DEADLINE - July 30th
We are looking for a General Manager to spearhead the upcoming Westerwelle Startup Haus Tangier!
This is your chance to establish the Westerwelle Startup Haus Tangier as the leading startup hub in the region, representing Morocco's startup Ecosystem on an international scale. You will get the opportunity to let your entrepreneurial spirit shine and to get real exposure to a fast thriving environment with unlimited international growth potential.
As General Manager you will lead the local team and create a community of co-workers and startups through several incubation and acceleration programmes. You will also be in charge of acquiring new customers, dealing with donors, handling operations and taking care of legal and financial obligations.
To be successful in this role you need to be an expert communicator, showcasing true resilience and agility in many situations. You are the driving force of our Startup Haus with the main responsibility of making our Haus a success!
As General Manager you will work closely together with your other colleagues in Tunis, Kigali and Berlin and will report directly to the Director of Operations.
- Seek out opportunities for expansion and growth by developing new business relationships within the eco-system
- Uphold standards of excellence and soaring quality to our co-workers, donors, and service providers
- Ensuring that the local legal and financial obligations are met
- Managing and supervising the local team
- Design and write new program proposals
- Oversee day-to-day operations, assigning weekly performance goals and assuring their completion, while accomplishing your own goals
- Maintain project timelines to ensure tasks are accomplished on time
- Develop, implement, and maintain budgetary and resource allocation plans
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business, Business Management or other related fields.
- 3+ years working as a consultant or in a fast-paced startup
- 2+ years Project Management experience
- High level of creative solution-finding and pro-active approach
- Well positioned in the tech and social entrepreneurship scene in Morocco
- Experience in managing acceleration/incubation programmes or other relevant work with startups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French
- Working knowledge of the latest business policies and regulations
- Strong decision-making capabilities
- Above-average communication, collaboration, and delegation skills
- Work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully
- Ability to motivate and lead people, and hold employees accountable
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures