Podcast Producer and Editor
Are you obsessed with finding and sharing stories online? Do your friends look to you for the latest trends, ideas, and news? Our company SportsID, Inc. is developing a digital platform to help individuals, groups and organizations easily navigate the vast and complex sports ecosystem.
SportsID will provide easy to use mobile solutions that include products, services, data, analytics, statistics and profiles. We need interns who will be responsible for assisting the department in podcast/audio production efforts while engaging and encouraging on-going conversations with our fans, viewers and global audience on all social media outlets.
SportsID has a fast-paced work environment and we seek talented employees who crave learning new skills and aren't afraid to tackle big projects. As a Podcast Production Team Member Intern, you will get to work with a variety of our executive staff and will work on real projects that will help us grow.
SportsID is seeking a few multi-talented audio storytellers to fill our roles of Podcast Producer/Editor. We’re looking for a motivated self-starter who can help create and edit podcasts for a quick turnaround while also managing and coordinating larger audio projects.
One day you’ll be a one-person editing studio using to make something amazing, and another day you’ll be helping find guests, sponsors, partners, or reviewing talent and music, or going over rough cuts, all while keeping projects running on schedule. If this sounds interesting, we want to hear from you. The position begins immediately for a duration of up to four to six months. You are expected to work at least 15 hours a week. This role can be virtual and is not a paid position
- The producer will supervise the recording and then assist with editing a bi-weekly episode.
- Help research episode topics and draft scripts.
- Work with creative team leaders to create engaging original audio content that meets our strategic needs
- Advise on audio-related tasks
- Help manage outside audio content and oversee every element of pre- and post-production
- Stay up to date with current podcasting trends and storytelling formats
- Export, compress and re-format audio files
- 5+ years of recording and editing experience.
- Preferably 2+ years of experience in media/journalism or a similar field.
- Must be proficient in audio recording and ProTools
- Ability to extract compelling elements from raw audio footage
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Strong understanding of the pre- and post-production workflow
- Strong understanding of the considerations of audio and video for digital and social media
- Understanding of and ability to work within our brand guidelines
- Strong conceptual/storytelling ability
- Ability to work as a team player and discuss needs and challenges while bringing fresh ideas and creative solutions
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills