About the client:
Our client, Prestige Accounting Solutions, is North Atlanta’s most trusted CPA Firm providing Tax Planning/Preparation, Payroll, Bookkeeping & Consulting specializing in legal & trust accounting. They help law firm owners make more money while working fewer hours using specialized accounting & tax strategies.
Prestige Accounting Solutions uses the Profit First method of cash management. They are a certified Profit First CPA firm that helps guide our attorney and small law firm clients in maximizing their profits.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Files & reviews federal, state, and local tax documents by preparing property tax returns, state pages, federal, state, and municipal returns, extensions, and quarterly payments.
- Prepares tax payment schedules by reviewing strategic tax strategy plans.
- Recommends tax strategies by researching federal, state, and local taxation issues.
- Maintains legislative materials by reviewing, interpreting, and implementing new or revised laws.
- Maintains compliance with regulations by forwarding required information to federal, state, and local authorities.
- Revises procedures by developing and streamlining procedures and worksheets for the calculation of tax provisions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Reconciling sub-ledger to general ledger account balances
- Preparing & reviewing financial statements
- Performing monthly balance sheet, income statement, and changes in financial position/budget variance analyses
- Assisting in the design and preparation of budgets & profitability assessments for review by management
- Education: BSc degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant subject; industry certification (e.g. CMA, EA or CPA) is preferred
- Experience and Values:
- Minimum of three years’ experience in accounting, specializing in taxation
- At least 3 years of proven work experience as a Tax Accountant, Tax Analyst or Tax Preparer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledgeable in using ProSeries, Microsoft Office Suite and has experience using Quickbooks in a previous role
- Well-versed in accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Familiar with accounting software packages
- Computer literate and has intermediate skills MS Office particularly MS Excel
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- Keen attention to details
- Knowledge of Profit First cash flow method preferred