About the Job
If you have a strong passion to help small businesses succeed, and a drive for providing a high level of Program Management, this position could be for you!
Traffic Sales & Profit is a division of Tyler New Media, a multimedia company owned by a husband and wife team and we are looking for an integral team member; our right hand; our go-to person; THE ONE with a stellar work ethic, a “can do” attitude, notable professionalism, lives in integrity and who is both confident in their abilities, but also knows when to be the student because aside from specific program management proficiencies needed, you need to be a quick study!
The success of our company is based on the success of our team members. While challenging, for the right person this will not only be an enjoyable and rewarding opportunity, but one they’ll thrive in, and we look forward to scaling compensation based on quality work.
Our client, Tyler New Media, is looking for a skilled Junior Accountant to maintain our financial records and will manage all of the company’s day-to-day financial activities. The ideal candidate holds a Finance degree and is familiar with accounting software packages.
The Junior Accountant job duties include working closely with our third-party financial partners, along with the leadership/management team to create and analyze financial reports and ensure legal requirements compliance, process accounts payable and receivable and manage invoices. You will need to demonstrate the ability to handle confidential information with discretion and utilize significant amounts of independent judgment.
This is a full-time, exempt position located in Duluth, GA, reporting to the Corporate Operations Manager.
● Develop and maintain accounting and bookkeeping processes and best practices.
● Process a wide range of financial transactions including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, and Bank Reconciliation.
● Perform all activities related to the accounts payable including reviewing, coding, and processing payments.
● Perform accounts receivable functions including invoicing, deposits, collections, and revenue recognition.
● Maintain and balance the general ledger in an accurate, complete, and up-to-date manner.
● Prepare monthly financial reports through the collection, analysis, and summarization of data.
● Interpret and apply accounting policies, rules, and regulations to all work in order to ensure compliance with applicable standards.
● Processing of semi-monthly and monthly payroll via Gusto; research and resolution of payroll discrepancies.
Junior Accountant Qualifications / Skills:
● A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
● 5+ years of demonstrated ability to provide detailed level bookkeeping support – accounts payable, accounts receivable, closing books on a monthly basis and preparing financial reporting and analysis for small businesses.
● Understanding accounting best practices.
● Able to deliver a high level of professional bookkeeping services with a high level of hospitality, timeliness, efficiency and caring.
● Proven ability to calculate, post, and manage accounting figures and financial records
● Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both orally and in writing.
● Willingness to consistently and accurately follow established policies and procedures.
● Excellent time management, analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Consistently and accurately follow established policies and procedures.
● Work independently to complete assignments while knowing when to escalate issues and ask questions.
● Critical thinking, problem-solving, and determination.
● Strong interpersonal skills: outgoing, positive, high energy, and a can-do attitude.
● A person of high integrity who is able to pass background, and a credit check.
● Proficient with technology; solid knowledge of computer operations and software such as, [Gusto, QuickBooks, Bill.com, Fresh Books, or other applications]